I have been nominated for my first award!! It is a Liebster Award. I am so excited, but I am not so sure I am getting this right… Still kind of a beginner at this.
MyMae was kind enough to nominate me. I love her blog site! I would encourage you to check it out and enjoy her poetry and especially the video about cell phone abuse! I myself have been guilty of that! Loved that poem!
First, I need to list 11 facts about me:
1. I have 9 amazing kids!! and have been married to my husband for 25 years.
2. I love animals! Dogs are my personal favorites, followed closely by horses.
3. I don’t mind getting dirty as long as it is truly dirt.
4. I like cool cars, like mustangs, ford trucks, and old classic dodges.
5. We lived in a home for 20 years with 9 kids and 1 bathroom.
6. I like to mow the lawn on a tractor.
7. I own a John Deere tractor and I like it!!
8. I am the oldest of 4 kids.
9. I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life.
10. Gardening and getting dirty is my therapy.
11. I LOVE JESUS!!!
Then I needed to answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated me. Here they are:
When was the last time you cried? Actually, I just cried last Saturday.
2. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Why? A few years ago, I would have said Uh— NO. Today, I could say YES. I am well, much kinder to myself now.
3. Would you do bungee jump? NO!
4. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? That I am overweight and its not coming off easily. I am out of shape and it takes more for me to do the bigger projects that I just want to do. I tend to be a bit shy to use hubby’s power tools, when I certainly know how to use them!
5. What is the first thing you notice about people? It sounds so shallow, but I notice how they look. Do they look tired, happy, clean, dirty, etc… Do I like their clothes? Jewelry? Lots of things run through my head when I meet someone besides trying to remember their name!!
6. What is your favorite smells? Fresh bread baking, chocolate, fresh coffee. Horses.
7. Mountain hide-away or beach house – Why? OOO…. This one is tough. I love the mountains, they are beautiful and I love the woodsy feel of the mountains. I love the coolness and the smells of the mountains. The beach-house is a close second mostly because I have never experienced the ocean really, other than a short stop.
8. What is the farthest you have been from home? I was in California once with my Dad who was a truck driver. It rained the whole time we were there and we just dropped our load off and headed back home. We also were in Oregon and Washington state at other times.
9. Do you have special talent? Raising kids?? Is that a talent??
10. Do you use sarcasm alot? Kind of… I have 9 kids– its a necessity sometimes!!
11. Were you named after anyone? Not that I know of.
Next I need to nominate 11 blogs.. I have so many that I like! Gonna take me some time as there are so many that I like/love!! Here are 2 that I like right now. I am pretty sure I am not doing this right so be patient with me!
1. Prophetic Voice
2. Because I Can….