God is so good. That makes me smile all the time!!
It has been a good week. We finished our school work. Cleaning, including the basement bathroom has been completed. The couch that I talked about earlier this week, got cleaned. Then spent the next couple of days covered with a sheet so that it would stay clean at least til Thanksgiving day.
(The dogs have been banned from the furniture, again. Someone who will remain nameless for this post, allowed them up on the furniture, breaking Mom’s rule of no dogs on the furniture.)
We truly have much to be thankful for.
- Our kids have been very healthy. There was a cold going through the house for a time, but we stepped up our Essential oils use and now no one has anything but a lingering cough. We are still using some oils to kick that out. Other than that, they have been healthy. Years ago, the older kids were sick All. The. Time. Ear infections, colds, runny noses, chicken pox, bronchitis, asthma. The flu. I am truly enjoying this season.
- Our kids are really good. No one has even gotten a speeding ticket that I know of, and they are pretty quick to tell me about those usually. I am so proud of each of them. They all helped make a delicious Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, and many of them helped clean it up. It is amazing how quickly things get cleaned up and put away when we all work together and get it done. They are truly my kids too. They are FAST!! I don’t like to diddle around with this or that. I want to get things done and move on. So do they!
- We have been truly blessed with all we need and even a few things we want. I give God the glory for that. Yea, we have worked hard for what we have. But ultimately, it is God who provides for us.
- I thought I could do the NaNoWriMo this month, and I signed up to attempt. But the thing is, I just can’t seem to put anything else aside to actually accomplish this. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month which takes place yearly in November. I also signed up to do a class through Future Learn which I have been focusing on. I chose to focus on that which was a class called “Start Writing Fiction”. I am glad I chose to do that rather than my novel. I have learned so much this 7 weeks.
- I learned through that experience that I could and should spend the time working on my novel. I found time to do the class, now use that time to work on my stories.
The fact is that, no matter what hardship we are going through, someone always has something harder. Yea, life is hard sometimes, I will not at all minimize anything that you are going through now, it is really hard. But, still, for right now, here in the United States, and most 1st world countries, we are still blessed.
I pray that you, if you haven’t practiced this month, find your way to a grateful heart. Find those things that you can be truly grateful for each day and focus on what you do have. Make it an every day, all year-long habit to be grateful and thankful.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is [a]lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, [b]dwell on these things. Philippians 4:8 NASB courtesy Biblegateway.com
I just want to say thank you again, those of you who take the time to read my blog posts, and those of you who also take the time to comment. It encourages me greatly and I truly hope that I am an encouragement to you.