Some days are quiet. Some days are like yesterday- definitely not quiet. Other days?? Are like today. Seems like they were pretty quiet. But then something happens.
We were having a typical day- Mom was crabby. One student got called to task for not doing all the schoolwork assigned and then not going back and fixing it. Others were reminded about focusing on their school work.
I was trying to work on my own class I started last week and looking forward to an after lunch nap. Maybe just maybe I would be able to do it. Even though the dogs were home. Even though they bark at the least little sound. Even though some people were in and out of the house causing the dogs to bark even more.
Nope. I needed a nap, yes. Its been one of those weeks where I don’t sleep well. Which stinks..
Then I started ranting on my computer. I thought I would just write for a while and a rant on a crabby day seemed to be a good idea.
Then it was time to take 2 more kids to the doctor to be tested for Lymes. This doctor is amazing and I am really liking him. He does not think I am a total nutcase for bringing my kids in for that even tho they are not exhibiting the normal symptoms. But he understands my issue.
We just had another one of the family dogs go through the treatment for Lymes. In WINTER. IN WISCONSIN!!!! Last summer, another one of the family dogs had it. Hubby had it last summer and exhibited ALL the symptoms BUT the rash!! Of course he had it for almost 2 weeks before we figured out that was what he had.
I might be a little paranoid.
Or, it might be a good idea. He understood my issue with wanting them tested. He also took some time to teach us about Lymes and showed us some of the pictures of the Wood Tick that causes Lyme along with the rash pictures. We also got to talking about the bacterium that causes Lyme, Borrelia burgdorferi. (That is another fascinating topic!! This spirochete type bacterium.)
He said it takes about 2 weeks for the virus to appear in the body. Of course, as he said, that varies from person to person. Sometimes it happens almost immediately other times, it takes longer. Looking up some info to add to this post, and found that interestingly enough, Lyme symptoms can disappear without treatment but will often reappear months, years or even decades later!!! I wondered about that.
1. Lyme disease is the most common tick-borne disease in the U.S.
2. The disease can only be passed on through the bites of certain kinds of tick.
3. A common symptom of Lyme disease is an erythema migrans rash.
4. Without effective treatment, symptoms disappear, but more severe symptoms can emerge weeks, months, or years later. (From Medical News Today)
Understanding the mechanisms of inflammatory disorders that accompany PTLDS and/or antibiotic-refractory Lyme arthritis may inform the development of therapies to help those impacted by these symptoms.
• Auto-antigens, which are thought to initiate or perpetuate an autoimmune response, may be at least partially responsible for post-infectious Lyme disease symptoms. Investigators are screening multiple candidate auto-antigens, and one auto-antigen has been characterized.
• Scientists are characterizing the reactivity of nervous system antibodies, which seem to differ between those patients that develop PTLDS (Post-Treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome) and those that do not. These studies may lead to an understanding of why some patients continue to have ongoing symptoms and may open new avenues for treatment. (From the current research done by National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, 2017)
Might be “geeking out” a little about this Lyme Disease info…….
Ok.. Sorry.. Got carried away. Back to the day in the life. (Yep- still a day in the life of me. I get a little excited about stuff like that!!)
And then the fire alarm went off. While we were still in the Doctors office discussing my child’s health. Yes- we did talk about that too!
Then he looked out the door and realized that we really needed to evacuate. No one knew what the alarm was going off for so we needed to get out. We got to go out the employee door in the back!!
Turns out, it wasn’t a fire- thank goodness.
The sprinkler head broke outside and tripped the fire alarm. Of course, they had to wait for the fire department to arrive and give the “all clear”.
It was outside too, which was a good thing. All those electronics would have been ruined!! Not to mention all the renovations that had just been completed or were in progress.
Its quiet. I am alone. Just me and the dogs. Everyone is gone doing their thing. I am taking this time to play with my Insta Pot- its still new so I am trying to figure it out. I will write about that once I get it figured out. Seems that its gonna take a little getting used to.
And write a blog post. I will also spend some time drawing as I have been too distracted to do that this week so far.
I should also put away these piles of things that I have out. Projects that I have been slowly working on and now, just need to be put away.
But I am not crabby anymore.
Some days are like that.